Friday, December 23, 2022

Musings on Life

Over the past several months, I jotted down some thoughts on the sacredness of human life. Here is the most recent train of thought:

I recall before the Dobbs decision came down this past June that I was fairly optimistic that people were mostly pro-life and would like to see the killing of unborn humans go away but just lacked the political energy to fight something that seemed so permanent, remains hidden, and has been allowed as "the law of the land" for nearly 50 years. 

In my optimistic train of thought, I would make excuses for people. "They vote for all these pro-abortion politicians at all levels because Roe is too solidly in place," or: "Since the overturning of Roe seems so unlikely, they vote for more social programs." And I kept coming back to the seven unelected justices on the Supreme Court who made the killing of unborn humans legal. I thought: "If only the people had the chance to vote on it, the killing of unborn humans would go away." We know when life begins. Science is on the side of life. Heck, there's not even much of a stigma these days for a woman to have a child out of wedlock.

Then on November 8, 2022, Election Day, I realized I have been overly optimistic. People in several states all over the country voted in favor of making it legal to kill unborn humans. Moreover, the pro-abortion side is no longer about "safe, legal and rare." Now it's about: Have as much sex as you want. Human beings will be created. Kill as many of them as you want before they are born and have the taxpayers pay for it.

Come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment